Injured Workers

What should I do if I have an accident at work?

  • Report the illness/injury to your employer within 30 days.
  • Fill in the injury register at the workplace.

How do I claim WorkCover?

  • Go to the doctor.
  • Obtain a WorkCover Certificate.
  • Complete a WorkCover claim form
  • Give the completed claim form and certificate to your employer.
  • Keep a copy.

An employee has 10 days to forward these documents to the insurer, who then has 28 days to accept or reject the claim.

What should I do if my employer rejects my WorkCover claim?

Send the WorkCover Claim Form and the WorkCover Medical Certificate to your employer's authorised insurer. If you do not know the name of the insurer, contact the WorkCover head office - 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne 3000. Tel. 9641 1444 or 1800 136 089.

Do I have to see the company doctor?

It is your right to choose your own doctor for treatment purposes. You do not have to accept treatment from a company doctor. However, you may be required to attend reasonable medical examinations arranged by the WorkCover Authority, Authorised Insurer and in some cases, your employer.


More Information [ 57Kb ]

Injured Workers [ 9Kb ]


Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or above is required to view PDF files. If you do not already have Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy from the Adobe web site .